http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Knock knock

Friday, August 12, 2005

Knock knock

This is something probably only Sojourning will relate to.

There was a knock at my door. Or not my door, but someone else's, where I am staying.

But you should not get knocks on doors, because there is a security door for the whole appartment. You can get a buzz, but not a knock. I walk to the door, trying to creep, but my feel stick to cheap lino. Standing by the door, the knock sounds close, so close like it's on the same door that I have my ear pressed up to.

But it shouldn't because in Finland, we have double doors. If they are knocking on the same door that I am on, then they are already inside the houe - they should be knocking on the front outer door. So in a way only people that have opened doors to weirdos can understand, I am poised at the door, noting my nearest weapons (umbrella above, curtain rod in hall) until I hear the elevator rise and take the person away.

When I am convinced they have left, and my muscles are starting to cramp I have an idea that I might be very stupid. But to be safe, I grab the curtain rod; it's spiked at one end. I open the door.

I have left the front door open, and closed the inner door instead. So anyone could have walked in, and I am scared of the good neighbour who was just letting me know that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home