http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Getting positive

Friday, August 12, 2005

Getting positive

In a bid to be positive, because really there are worse things to be upset about in life... I need suggestions on what I have not yet seen and done in Helsinki and I have added some things I want to come back and do as well.

Here's a list I have come up with. Some of these things I will do in late August when my friend comes to visit:

Visit Kaunisaari
Walk around Meilahti
Eat more Finnish food (I've been to Suomi Kahvila and 3 Kruunna), maybe buy a lot of stuff from the Kaupatori
Go to the Church at Senate Square, the rock church, and the Russian Church
Visit the rock and roll McDonalds
Swim in a lake again (hmm weather)
Swim in the outdoor pool (weather again)
Sauna one last time even if alone
Pick berries
Have breakfast at Care Ekberg
Have a big leaving party
See a wolverine
Walk the bear or wolverine trail in Kuusamo
Seen the midnight sun with no clouds
Seen the northern lights
Tried ice skating, skiing and ice fishing
Built a big snowman
Do hole in the ice
Rent a cottage again
Cycle the Aland Archipelago
Visit Karelia, or what's left of it
Learn more about Finnish modern history
Learn some of the Finnish language
Drink my Salmiakki makkara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home