http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Dazed and confused

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dazed and confused

Back in Helsinki.

I truly do not know if it is Wednesday or Tuesday.

I have slept in three different beds in three nights.

The weather starts off hot and humid and ends with thunder that rumbles through you like the worst hunger and synchronises with over dramatic lightening. I go "home" soaked to the skin and not knowing where people keep their towels.

My flat is in the hands of an Englishman for the athletics. I am sofa surfing.

People don't seem right, like an out of focus photo. All of AKK have spinning heads post-rally. The Finn has offered makkara keito, or was that a dream? The Irishman seems lovely, and then I realise that I don't even scratch the surface of his life. AussieGirl's Finn takes bizarre to a new level. Uma is in Madrid. Thankfully the Kebab Mafia are solid and Sami is promising strawberry margueritas whatever the weather.

The storm howls outside and I expect to see the witch cycle past as the wind rises above the Haaga tree line. But it's me trying to cycle in this wind, to pick up wet weather clothes from Maunula, to blow the cobwebs from my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home