http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Sentimental

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Sentimental

It was recently written to me that we too often assume that people know how much they mean to us so we don't take the time out to tell them.

I am feeling quite a bit sentimental today, so I am going to publicly humiliate everyone dear to me in Finland at least while I am in this soft and fuzzy mood and because it's a few weeks until I will be drunk and face to face with you, and really it's not Finnish to do so!

The Kebab Mafia. It must start from you. Hobbit-like monitor carrier, you have never asked for anything in return. You always listen, and I will even miss you telling me to calm down. Without you I could not laugh about the water incident and everything else that has happened since we met. Thank god I got you off that message board.

The Bean: You were supposed to be my boss but I think of you as a dear friend. Bonded by bastard men and boys. We shall reminisce in Italy, where the blokes will get it all right. Ciao bella.

The Kebab Maffiete. A short time knowing but you make me laugh so much, and keep the Kebab Mafia in line. I'll send you a hundred mementoes of Japan and we can live together in Paris one day, I truly hope. Look out les garcons!

Uma. I'm going to be truly lost without you. We should have never taken so long after the first Outback meeting! Thankfully I am going to convince you to come to Australia earlier. Winter will be hell for you and I will just be boringly alone in a mass of Aussie chicks with no one to bitch with. Your laugh is priceless. We'll hit Berlin as soon as one of us speaks German.

Benjamin and Caroline. The kindest people I know. On Saturday, if enough marguerita is consumed I might even tell you a story about when I first met you! Finland would not be navigable without you, especially toilet roll issues. You will hate me for sending Australian property magazines, but it's a risk I am willing to take! I will come back to visit you alone. Er yes that's a threat.

AussieGirls' Finn: a token nod in your direction. My age mate and fellow lone ranger, I think there is a lot you understand. One day we will both come home to a house that has someone waiting for us inside.

AussieGirl: Embar is not Embar without seeing you chain smoking that first day for four hours solid. As you said yourself; people are there for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I wonder if you are okay without me doing your internet searching!?

The Outback Boys: You never cease to make me laugh, you pick up the things I leave behind, you make sure the sandgroper gets home in one piece, even if she doesn't remember how she got there. You are dream bar blokes and make a good double long island ice tea, even if you are rip off merchants!

The Welshman: because you were unbelievably drunk on the day I needed you to be and in pisstaking and marketing we unite.

JP: The first date, who also makes sure I get home, and is engimatic at the best of times. You are as sound as anyone can be who has lived here for eight years, but go home, mate, and go home soon!

Deojuvame, for the girl power and sitting through the Anti American abuse and my whingey whiney stories on days when it's better to be silent in the sun.

Faussie: Not only did you find me the perfect shoes but you convinced me that a man who doesn't like us, has the problem and not vice versa. We'll get you home soon.

The exchange student: I will never forget you picking me up off the floor on Vappu and staying with me until the tears stopped. I owe you forever for that one. I think AussieGirl said it best with "and look this girl is with you because you're lovely, when I am sure she would rather be having sex against the toilet wall!"

RacingGirl. I don't know where you are now, you don't show on the radar. But the first weeks would not have been possible without internet connection, and someone who thought England was alien, and knew that Finland would also seem like outer space.

The Irishman: Juhannus and a night of champagne in Helsinki - a memory to treasure. Dating was fun. Lets do it again one day.

Last but not least, The Finn: thank you for being enough reason for me to move here. Without that I would not have met these wonderful people.

And as only a drunk can say (and I am sure I will post again drunk and sentimental) "lovesyersall".

This list is dedicated to Paul and Rod, snatched from all of us before we could tell you how much you mean to us. It's a lesson I will never forget. x

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"First a spark, than -slowly- grows bigger
In a blink of eye, it is a volcano, you are burned, arkada$
Neither mother nor brother can fill your place
This is the most beautiful, warmest feeling, arkada$
To share every joy and every sorrow
and to walk aside for life
let there be no tears in those smiling eyes
even if we fall apart one day, arkada$"

Arkadas by Sanar Yurdatapan

2:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home