http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: You win some you lose some

Thursday, August 11, 2005

You win some you lose some

The World Athletics Championship is in town. You wouldn't know it, unless you were directly on top of it in Toolo, the area where the main stadium is. And even then you would only know it if you had an umbrella and were not wearing glasses so you could make out the shape of some unusual activities amongst the falling rain.

It's raining pretty badly which doesn't help any crowd gathering but it chucked it down in Manchester's Commonwealth Games, especially the closing ceremony, and the atmosphere was electric for want of a better cliche. I don't know if it's Finland's calming effect but it all seems a bit of a damp squib.

Anyway... Having lived in SW19 for some of my London time, I decided to make a little money on the athletics. Rented out the flat for one. Nearly two month's rent made in a week. Sweet. Only the estate agents have told me that I need to pay rent for all of September, and I am only there one week. Apparently all of Finland moves out on the same day. They had negotiated a lower starting rent, when I took mid week rent, but apparently moving out is different. The owner even agreed to it, but she can't break Finnish law. Of course not.

Also I decided to buy a few hundred flags and tattoos. They sell like hot cakes in the Wimbledwn queue. So far we have had only a handful of dry hours, and sold one Finnish flag. So today I had to sell my stock at a loss to another business just to get them off my hands.

I won't give up my day job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home