http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Back in Finland moments

Monday, February 06, 2006

Back in Finland moments


Watching friends take their frozen goods out from the balcony and put them back in the freezer as they've taken advantage of the weather and defrosted the freezer.

Thinking it was a brisk minus eight and then being told that the thermometer was in the sun, and it's really minus 21.

That I can walk about in this weather without my arms falling off.

Stepping over frozen vomit, then frozen beer, then frozen urine at the train station Sunday morning.

A man pissing inside the No 67 night bus.

I can reach outside my window and make a snow ball from what's on the window ledge.

Owning a hat with fluffy ears. And not being ashamed to wear it.

Packing my balaclava if I think it's going to be a late night out.

That I was born and raised a good part in a tropical climate and now I wake up to dazzling snow, sunlight and blue skies and think it's glorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home