http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Walking on Snowshine

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Walking on Snowshine

You'll be pleased to know that I made it out in the snow and back again. I did slip on the fourth step I took. And the eighth step. Small steps, I must remember, take small steps. I didn't actually hit the ground, which doesn't mean that slipping is any less humiliating or painful. You can cover a lot of ground with a slip, and you can wave your arms about in a really stupid way trying to remain upright. You can also pull a lot of stomach muscle trying to counter balance the direction in which you are slipping.

I walked about with The Hat on. Unfortunatley I don't have a photo of me in The Hat, but other people do, so for those of you not in Snowy Suomi, I'll endeavour to post it as soon as possible so you can appreciate just how comical I look.

Nina and I met for coffee and I was purely idiotic in only the way you can be when reunited with a friend. It's like being twelve again. Only when I was twelve I didn't have nice friends. In fact, I didn't have friends, just mean girls who picked on me, but that's a story for the therapist.

Kebab Mafia came over for dinner, a working dinner. He ended up doing little work on his thesis and has become an employee of To the Point, my rather defunct business. We kept working, distracted by Turkish pop music and dammed Kurdish villages until 2 am which meant I was a bit dazed when I woke this morning to fresh snow to play in.

Ahh it's a winter wonderland...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home