http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Learning to be social, or at least snow-cial

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Learning to be social, or at least snow-cial


Tonight I went out with the original Divas. You know it's like Charlies Angels with Farah Fawcett. There were other women there, but for a moment, I felt uncool, unknowledgable and out of the loop. Also I find it hard to feel confident when my hair is frozen, I'm wearing frumpy clothes, a hat with floppy ears and big snow stomping boots. The other girls seemed at ease with layers, accessorising, music and culture. I was able to talk about er, nothing really, I just made crude jokes...

The snow has continued and I've continued to play in it. I found Nina's diamonds in the snow, I drew shapes in people's cars, I threw more snowballs and ran my mittens through lots of clean lines. My friends are hoping I'll be over it in a week.

The leafless trees of winter means I am also reunited with my friend, Kissa. I could stare out the window forever. KebMaf and I think it's better than a TV screen. This morning we watched the poor birds (the ones who can't afford to go South for the winter) flit from tree to tree. I expected them to drop with a frozen clunk at any moment. Hardy little critters. I guess they're also one of the things Kissa is watching so intently.

I've learned to network my computers, tomorrow you might even get photos. In the meantime, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

There are moments, you know, where I think "I can't believe a Malaysian-Australian is walking around in all this snow like it's normal?!" Give it a week?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home