http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Scared of the white stuff

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Scared of the white stuff

(There's much less snow than this!)
Can you believe I was scared to go out of the house?! I mean it's not even that cold, I can see ground as opposed to snow, and I have a window open. But I was nervous. I think it was the symbolism of leaving the comfort zone or some rubbish.

Anyway I was pleased to realise that outside it felt as warm as it looked, I didn't need gloves on a trip to a shop and the beanie was an afterthought . Walking on some of the old ice was a little tricky, and trying to use my Electron card for the first time even trickier. The whole thing was in Finnish and I was stumped. Perhaps I should have tried the trick of the man in front of me, who shouted vitu a lot and thumped the wall. Ah Maunula...

Instead, I waved the card a lot at the check out chick and tried to chip and pin but at least I remembered to bring my own shopping bags even if I didn't weigh my pastries myself.

I smiled as I unpacked: spinach soup / pinaattikeitto, karelian pastries / karjalan piiraka, and meatballs / lihapullat. Sadly the the shop was out of my favourite reindeer ready meal...

Finn at heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home