http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Contentment vs Craving

Friday, February 03, 2006

Contentment vs Craving

When I was away, there were things I missed. And things I missed so bad it hurt. So bad, that some mornings I could feel dull salt pain beating on the back of eyelids when I just couldn't contain the cravings and longing anymore.

So bad, that in my last few days, all I could imagine was being back and finding that very thing I missed and knowing that that was all there was, and possibly all I needed.

So now I am back, and the longing was immediately addressed, and after some sleepless nights, the addiction faded and was satisfied.

So now I am content.

But I have this habit of upsetting contentment, being a girl who has lived long and wide on challenge, disruption, upheaval and the unexpected. Contentment is lovely, but will I find it interesting? And if I don't learn to live with contentment one day, will I ever realise how good I have things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home