http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Sheraton, Perth, Western Australia

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sheraton, Perth, Western Australia

Some people think I have been kidnapped by aliens, some people think I am ignoring them. So I've taken 20 minutes while the tiger balm works my magic on my knees to give you a life in the day:

  • My event - final round of an international sporting event.
  • My "children" - 351 international media and 14 volunteers.
  • My home - partitioned office with no natural light and temperemental airconditioning at the Sheraton Hotel.
  • My hours - minimum 0630 to 2400
  • My pains - press releases at Eastern states deadlines, late running stages and writing press releases before stewards meetings, interview areas with no personnel to staff them, managing people who work for free, regulations made by governing bodies that don't have a clue, liaising with other officials with ego problems, getting phone calls that don't take into account time differences, accidents and incidents on every single stage, trying to speak French and read Spanish, not enough coffee close to me...and so on...
  • My gains - getting people who work for free to enjoy themselves, sometimes, briefly making the media happy, er - that's it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know where you are..

6:03 am  
Blogger Nina said...

Very nice to know you're okay.

12:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you need is a nice cup of tea...

6:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any of those Norwegian jelly men there? They seemed to have a soothing effect on you in the NRF. ;)

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying yourself and keeping the volunteers happy as well. :)

-johanna (from NRF)

5:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home