http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: yeah yeah alive and kicking...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

yeah yeah alive and kicking...

...or at least kicking little clouds of dust up.

The weather has improved but I've been inside since it's started. And inside, in my office, it's cold enough to wear scarves.

Rally is rally is rally. I've bored myself into a coma today writing awful commentary notes. Its sure to lull the crowd into a gently slumber. Given the success of my "quirky questions" for the start ceremony in Japan (how do you find Japanese toilets, for example) I've got a bit of a ridiculous theme running through the notes now.

I feel uninspired to do anything, it's more like passing though the motions. I believe this is something Perth does to you, just lulls you into this sense of apathy,sucks the motivation from you. Really. I've spoken to three other people who feel the same after living in Europe.

So that's what I have not been writing to anyone, even though I think of Finland constantly and have a pile of mail to send and a pile of photos for everyone.

Speaking of which, the camera is back; mum's boyfriend had to retrieve it from a remarkably apathetic YellowMazda. Won't be driving down that road again. And speaking of how to lose friends and irritate people, I'm sure I've scared off 18 year reunion boy (just by being lil ol' me!) and caused some inbitching amongst friends. Terrific. I did make a hit when reunited with a friend of a friend from Finland long ago, who suggested we go back to his place for a cuddle, no more. Sadly he was so drunk, I'll wait for an offer that's twisted in sobriety.

This weekend is Perth to Port, next weekend canoeing (subject to rally committments) for those of you who follow my movements with a degree of interest. The day I after canoe I move into the Hotel. Ahhh hotels are home. Maybe I'll liven up in some four star comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home