http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: To canoe or not to canoe

Monday, October 17, 2005

To canoe or not to canoe

I've planned a canoeing trip as a last minute burst of fresh air before getting locked into headquarters. The canoeing isn't too ambitious, a few kms or so. We paddle out to a seal colony and go aahhhh a lot and then do the same with some penguins.

I planned this a few days ago.

And there has since been a shark alert. In fact, two shark alerts. So my mother is a little anxious.

Apparently you should stay away from areas with seals. Problem number one.

And also, not look like a seal. Canoeists look very much like seals to sharks. Problem number two.

So to canoe or not to canoe? There will be other people there so I won't get chomped alone. And I am sure that the group leader will keep a beady eye out on the shark spotting planes. (I am always anxious about whether you can work out if a plane is dipping its wings or simply turning the corner). However I don't think the shark spotters cover where we plan to go. They only work on the tourist beaches, where apparently the sharks have been lurking in shallow water.

Where's, JoElle (spelling?) that guy who came to my leaving party and was the shark shooter in Jaws?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home