http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Sun shine on a rainy day

Friday, March 17, 2006

Sun shine on a rainy day

Sitting on the window sill with both the windows open and the sunlight is burning the back of my top, on the phone to the White Van Man, the first to learn and react to my news.

"This must seem like a smack in the teeth after all your optimism for returning here." Yeats is not the only Irishman to be poetic. It is, and it smarts.

But there is also a relief at leaving, at being employed, the memory of being affluent. As winter melts, so too has many of my reasons for being here, liking here, staying here. Beautiful friends, lovers and moments have dissolved and those that will withstand the seasons I will take with me forever. The world's a smaller place and there's not much room in it for sentiment...

So I'm off to bask in the sun and frolic in the snow, alone for now, but if anyone wants to join me, you have ten more days, and I'd love the company.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I said kick in the teeth. Poetic, no, smart, never. Smartass, always.

5:01 pm  
Blogger Rowena said...

Yeah yeah and I have always been so good at listening to you! x

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I can laugh without dissolving into pathetic wheezing coughs, I will run around in the snow with you!
I hearby declare this next week... Ro Week.
Anything you want baby, you got it.

Just give me a minute to find my ventolin and we'll be off!

Love you always and in every country,
xxx

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home