http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: No Ordinary Morning

Thursday, March 09, 2006

No Ordinary Morning

If there was nothing that I could say
This time it’s goodbye
Turned your back and you just walked away
The song lyrics echo in my head
Leaves me numb inside I think of you
as if they were written for us, for me
Together is all I knew
But it’s always like that after a break up, every song is for you.

We moved too fast but I had no sign
Friendship would just be a motion I would go through
I would try to turn the hands of time
In the same way that if you stayed, love would be just a motion
Then look to you for the reason why
Just empty words, I’ve already heard – you said them so well.
The love we had passed me by
Who could blame me for believing them


And as the sun would set you would rise

This morning there was sunshine, so bright, you could be tricked into thinking it was warm
Fall from the sky into paradise
I played the song, let the words fall around me onto the snow
Is there no light in your heart for me?
And thought – no more…
You've closed your eyes, you no longer see


There were no lies between me and you
I’ll write you emails of carefully chosen words
You said nothing of what you knew
To let you know I am well
But there was still something in your eyes
And before I leave, we will have one more awkward moment
Left me helpless and paralyzed
One final goodbye.

And I’ll walk away with the lyrics echoing in my head
You could give a million reasons,
change the world and change the times,
Could not give me the secrets of your heart
and of your mind
In the darkness that surrounds me now
there is no peace of mind
Your careless words undo me,
leave the thought of us behind


Chicane: No Ordinary Morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home