http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Vacant vacancies

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vacant vacancies


I just submitted my first job application for the first time in years. Ok I lie, just before I came to Finland, I went to an agency but that's different, they don't even let you in the door if you're not invited...

Anyway it was weird because, I haven't had to write a job application for years. And I haven't been declined a job after interview. Ever. And I applied through the Christmas Elves. Very weird. Part-time, in London, three months on an event, of course... Sounds just like me. I hope they think so. I'd have enough time to work on my "own things" namely getting the business back up. Of course, it's event work, so I'd be lucky if I get time to actually think, but at least it does offer the opportunity for freelancing.

It's hard to leave, true, but yesterday left me so drained I think I could easily slip on a plane right now. I'm also excited at the prospects of picking and choosing jobs (you don't get this luxury being freelance). Not that one, no management; that one's just working with people, that's too much strategy, that's not enough. Oh to be spoilt for choice. Like a child in a candy store. Or me, finally faced with satellite television...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home