http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Soliciting geeks

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Soliciting geeks

Hard drive hard drive hard drive.

Now that I have the attention of the IT folk out there, my dad has offered to help me with a new laptop.

So I have a back of an envelope scribble from a friend of a friend telling me I need 40gig, no less than 512mb of RAM, and preferably more than 128 mb gfx for all the things I do. And possibly something to keep the Klingons on the starboard bow.

I just want one in a nice shade of grey.

I'm currently using a Fujitsu, I've used a Sony (pretty but not functional), and a Thinkpad (impressively robust). Toshiba Tecra has been recommended.

If you've been reading Which? magazine (or more likely PCsomething or zednet) reviews please, for once, I encourage emails, to the usual address.

Thanks geeks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go mac ... they do a very nice grey

4:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest go for "ThinkPad" there is nothing better than it.

Has all your specs, 512Mb, 40Gig and is very light.Useful for kind of travelling you do.

Tecra are always heavier and their fan makes lot of noise.

6:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a Powerbook! You won't regret it, ever.

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home