http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Babylon

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Babylon

Given that my parents are quite private people, and at times can be quite repressive with emotions, it's somewhat strange that I am a complete babbler. I think, though I haven't tried this theory, that I would tell a complete stranger anything they would want to know about me. I don't really hide my feelings. My heart isn't so much on my sleeve, it's splattered onto everyone elses too.

Jury's out on whether this is a good or bad thing.

Consequently while cruising the streets of Northbridge in someone's car, I babbled on. And on. Better out that in, I think the inner voice was saying. I am not quite sure, as the outer voice was going on for far too long and too loud for the inner voice to really have an impact.

I feel very good for all the babbling. Always think it's cathartic. I am sure I am breathing better now, like an asthmatic with a good dose of ventolin.

Only amongst all the babbling I almost said something very very strange. Even for me. Very odd. I don't know where it came from. I never even contemplated it. And now I am very freaked out about where it came from.

So over to you dear audience, is babbling like being drunk? Does the truth come out, or are you talking rubbish when you babble? And what does it mean if, out of the blue, you nearly blurt out the R word?

I have to say I nearly hyperventilated.

Which undid all the good work of the ventolin.

I've got instructions to get on the next plane home.
Or at least the next plane to Babylon.

Babble out.
Over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people think differently than others, I know sometimes I don't process some things unless I think them "out loud" - that is, bounce ideas off of someone else (whether or not they're actually listening! :) )

So I guess it's not that alarming that you came up with something new in midsentence that you didn't know was coming...

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home