http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Lamb at the Oyster Bar

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lamb at the Oyster Bar

Last night to lift my deep blue disoriented funk, I registered in the Perth to Port walk next Sunday, which my mum has decided she is doing with me (I didn't get a choice!).

Took the Blue Cat to Barrack Street jetty for views back to the city. Brayshaw called and we discussed how we were not settling into Perth. He was deciding whether to head back to Europe or get a Commodore (Perth does this to you).

Then I took the Cat all the way round the city to see what changes had happened (another of my apartments have been knocked down, I clearly knew good real estate locations!) and to feel the beat of Northbridge nightlife.

A quick drink at Fenians (strange to be there outside of rally, it was full of old men cursing) and then took YellowMazda out to dinner. I was going to go to LinQ on my own but Perth isn't really about doing things on your own. Everybody's in a clique and goes out as one. Luckily YellowMazda was free and joined me to discover that LinQ was now an Oyster Bar.

The setting was pretty magnificent (thanks to the lovely Lidia who suggested looking at the City from the foreshore would give me some geographic grounding) and the risotto, the lamb, fishcakes and chicken were all divine. Sorry Sami, I took no photos. We passed on the oysters (philestines I know) and also refused the "upsell" when the waitress brought us a platter of fresh dead grim looking fish to convince us of the daily specials.

YellowMazda patiently drove me home via Fremantle for ice cream and the coast road for cuddles. I just curled up in fleece and fell asleep (great company aren't I!?) waking only when he would brake sharply to make my head snap up just for laughs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home