http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Itinerary dilemmas

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Itinerary dilemmas

I can't decide where to go next. Oh I know this was all decided before but...

Now, looking at the welcome to Nagsaki leaflet I am thinking, I am all out of temples. Okay I only did one day of temples but there are more here and a million more in Kyoto. It's beginning to be like driving along the Rhine as as a child when I wanted to see all the castles and several kms later we were screaming "no more castles".

Okay so a few temples in Nagasaki. And more modern history. There's a boat cruise round the harbour and a cable car too. Hang on I did both those things in Miyajima.

So I head to the guide book to totally revise the itinerary and find somewhere that calls me. I'm thinking less temples more nature.

Sendai has hot springs and nice nature. Sounds good. On the way to my work place.

Beppo is the Vegas of hot springs. The prices put me off.

Aso is an active volcano. Now that sounds good. (Notice that I'm ignoring that it's some 35C outside and optimistically thinking of outdoor activities and hot things. And it's so temptingly close

Kyoto for Himeji and Nara. Hmmm, culture, temples and ancient history is invoking wry smiles. Sorry Christian but you were always more cultured than me.

Tokyo - sure the bright lights beckon but actually the fish market beckons more. I'm a weird girl. I bet anyone reading this is so glad they don't travel with me!

I can't decide and while the weather seems cooler down south, I bet it's as hot as hell in the morning (the mornings in Japan are scorching) and it puts me off everything.

I'll toss a coin. What's on the faces of a Japanese coin...? Ah of course, temples and nature...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home