http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Too much time in net cafes

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Too much time in net cafes

Like the caffeine in the coffee you think they'd serve in an internet cafe, keeping in touch and connected is addictive.

I think I am spending a little bit too much time in internet cafes. Or finding them. Or getting lost in them. Or blogging. Or uploading photos.

So... I am going to just keep my diary on the computer and upload everything once I get to a business hotel with internet access in the room or until I start work in Hokkaido.

I'll still check my emails daily, unless I am at a volcano or spa town. I don't want to be isolated! It's just that most of the ryokans I am staying in have an 11pm curfew which especially considering arriving on a 7pm train, showering, exploring, eating and surfing mean I don't get in much before 11pm.

Also it's costing me a fortune. Today I had to join a youth centre just to have internet access. Luckily they didn't ask my age, otherwise they might have denied me entry!

So if you don't hear from me for a while (like there are people hanging on my every word!) then I'm okay, I am just saving time and money until the next LAN/WLAN connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home