http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Fat sweaty and happy in Miyajima

Monday, September 12, 2005

Fat sweaty and happy in Miyajima

Lets get straight to the first word here. I was going to blame it on the cheap H and M dress that stretched in the washing machine. I was going to blame it on Japanese food (apparently foreigners must bring fibre pills if that is not warning enough to keep a toilet diary), I was going to blame it on paranoia but I have just had to buy clothes in size XXL so I am officially Japanese fat.

Sweaty is because it was 36 celcius with 4o plus humidity. I walked half an hour to the train station and had to buy a new shirt. All western clothing can go out the window. I bought cheap Indian cheese cloth because it is the only thing that will cope with the amount of sweat from my skin and water I poured over myself. Really this is the hottest I have backpacked in. Lying by the pool, shopping yeah fine. Carrying a pack, hard work. I bought a whole stack of Indian cotton when I got back tonight, every western tshirt I have is useless.

I spent the day on the island of Miyajima, famous for the red shrine in the water in all the tourism brochures. It also has baboons with equally red asses and deer roaming the street.

More about that when I have trouble sleeping at 2am.

Oh and I am having a great time but missing the girls loads. I saw my first foreigners today and have not had a conversation in person for days... Time to start talking to strangers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home