http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: 20 more days

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

20 more days

It took me about seven attempts to write the title of this post because, once I had counted, my hands started to shake.

It's time to get brutal. Firstly, with myself. I need to motivate, discipline and do. Then have fun after. And with others. If I love ya, I'll see you, if not, you can see me.

20 more days.
20 more sleeps.

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My to-do list is now typed. As if being organised about it will get it done... The list has a disturbing range of things in it. Some which really should be done already. Here's an annotated version:

  • Buy Nordic tickets - easy
  • Chase Japan tickets - that's right, I don't have tickets to Japan. And I leave when?!
  • Shelly: arrival details to make sure I get picked up from the airport and she knows my movements.
  • Lyla plans: travel etc. My friend is coming for a week long visit and I am bound to be a rubbish host and she'll hate me.
  • Lyla bedding: find her somewhere to sleep!
  • Post mail - easy ! It has been sitting in my bag for three days though and is now crumpled and has chocolate stuck to it.
  • Photocopy passport - easy!
  • Mail forwarding - where on earth to?!
  • Return date Australia - ohh very hard one. May require planning of life
  • Website for business? - ha ha that would be the website I was supposed to finish in Winter. ha ha. Not.
  • Nokia synch - involves reading large instruction manual. Don't like this one.
  • Use gym vouchers - involves hard work. Don't like this one either
  • Uk to do list - scary. Involves going through the boxes that should have been shipped to my new life here looking for things like my friend's wedding present.
  • Update blog and smugmug - like I need reminding?! Serves as a back up of the computer, see CD point below.
  • Note book clearance - this relates to the 20 notebooks I have for different events that I can't carry due to weight restrictions, but I need to at least pull out some vital information from.
  • John money - Do I even want to go here?
  • Flat end date and inspection / handover - Fairly important this one
  • Selling list on bulletin board - very boring and will involve clearing out the basement. Yuck.
  • Addresses - Yes need everyone's addresses to send postcards. You can save me this by emailing yours!
  • Finances: Finland - Another potentially hard one as I need to think about how I get my Finnish money from Australia / Japan to pay English bills.
  • Buy Yen - could do this from England if I order on the net.
  • Back up computer - Hard because the CD drive is not reading any CDs it burns itself. Ggrrr.
  • Check insurance
  • Pack, sort, sell and pack more. This is just scary and chaotic. I should be doing it at least by the time Lyla is here. Great planning, Rowena.
  • Sleep. Sami has just instructed me. Sleep.

There's so much more but I can't remember it...

I don't want to go.... Cue brilliant rich man to fall in love with me, pay for my rent while I am gone, thereby halving my to do list and allowing me to come home to Finland and find complete happiness. Oh that was the original plan anyway and it went wrong...!

Oh my god I am delirious now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home