http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Packing panic

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Packing panic


At 230 am I was throwing things into one suitcase (keep and take) and other things onto a pile that is precariously about to fall over (not keep).

At 630 I was struggling to wake up despite the blinding Finnish sunlight nudging my hangover.

At 730 I was wiping down my kitchen and bathroom wearing sunglasses.

At 1000 I realised it was 1100 and that Finnish summer time had robbed me of one hour (at precisely 3am on March 26th - catchy date) that I will not get back at the airport.

At 1200 or 1300 or was it 1100? I was being stuffed with waffles and Swedish breakfast (I folded my sandwich; faux pas!) This is handy because I need the extra kilos to sit on my bag and get some more clothes in. A 70 litre backpack is not really 70 litres when it comes to suits...

At 1600, I am contemplating in a non-relaxing, non-calm manner how to distribute four bags and two boxes, some for storage and some as freebie goodies, to various people throughout Helsinki. I'm wondering how I should get to the airport, if all my belongings will fit in the luggage I have, how I will pay for the excess, how I will pay to get to the airport, how i will get my rent deposit back, how long I can sneakily keep my Finnish phone and how to fit one very important Smurf in my luggage...

Emotions and motions include: hysteria, fatigue, guilt (at abandoning friends), annoyance (at feeling guilt), abandonment (for having to pack alone), guilt (for feeling abandonned), punished (for leaving so soon), etc etc etc. I would currently make a very good Catholic...

Gosh I forgot how much fun moving country was....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home