http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Year in Year out

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Year in Year out

Working on events means that your year (or life) is a continual countdown. Someone once remarked that we don't use the typical calendar (Spring, Fall, Christmas, or month names even) but events and countries ("after Autosport, before Mexico, during Wales). The year is over before it has begun, because you have a calendar that you are working to, and very little flexibility.

By Monaco (that's January to the rest of the world) I had agreed by committments in Australia (September and October), started my negotiations for Japan (September). I still have Finland to figure out (August) and the rest of the year on standby (Greece - June).

To add to this, last night I met the owner of this flat. Last year I gave them a completely unreasonable 3 days notice that I was going to keep the flat with Nina in it. This time, they'd like two months. Given that I never received an airline ticket or itinerary for Japan until I got to London, then some real planning will be needed this year, especially considering that I want to up end with VSO to a developing nation, meaning it's a complete clean out of Finland if I plan to vacate.

And let's not forget that I would like to do Crisis (December). The position vacant should be advertised around March so my possible attendance could be three weeks or three months at the end of the year, depending on the outcome of the above.

Most people are only just planning new year's resolutions and my head is spinning with plans for August through to December.

Oh and if it doesn't get complicated enough, remember that the minute I hand in my VSO application or get a placement I will meet the man of my dreams. Murphy's law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home