http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: More were-puppy than were-wolf...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More were-puppy than were-wolf...

I am were-puppy, hear me roar? Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

Last night I was a little ill. I don't know if it was the medication (because it's all in Finnish!) or something else but I went from laughy happy normal to a temperature pushing 40C in a matter of minutes.

Nurse Nina was on hand to scribe my will and make very caring noises as well as make me laugh. Shelly took calls from the UK at midnight when all I could do was cry. I'm not sure what I have done to deserve such wonderful friends. And the SO turned up after work and picked me up from the floor, where I had landed, with head spins and dehydration just like Turkey all over again. I even hallucinated a little to dream of someone bringing me corba (soup) and I heard the wheely bin again.

Sadly, by the time SO got here, I was well on the mend (temperature down to 37C - I still have fun with that thing... !) I felt a little bad for making such pathetic noises earlier in the night, and then being ok when rescue came. But he was very sweet and said he should have spent the day with me. We girls know this kind of thing is impossible but we like the romantic gesture anyway.

Anyway, this puppy is off to her water bowl to make sure she doesn't fall over and faint again. More to the point, I feel like a Cafe Esplanade pastry... Now there's a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home