http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: I know what you come here for...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I know what you come here for...

Oh alright then. I give in. I know most of you don't read this website for the nice photos of fluffy snow. Or the less than fascinating insight into Finnish daily life. You're here because I air my laundry (clean and dirty) in ways that you find embarrassing yet addictive. So I'll give you a dose of goss.

The appearance of an S.O.
I've got an SO. A male one. Can I make it any clearer? A man. Not just any SO. One on this blog, one that you know. Yep, a cyber- and real- time Significant Other. One who has seen me through eight months of friendship, hating Finland, loving Finland, liking boys, hating boys, breaking hearts, having them broken, feeling sorry, grieving, griping and generally needing to calm down. Someone who through all that, can love me. Quite a catch, so I'm keeping my eye on him with interest!

The possibility of IT
Now this might seem a bit sudden, but the SO has been a platonic SO for eight months so I like to think that's enough time to be speaking of such things. Well, it's been enough time for us. Forced to decide half my year in advance by the WRC calendar, the SO and I have been making plans. Beyond Tuesday. Seeing as the last men I dated can't confirm a casual coffee catch up, that's pretty impressive. We've been making plans, because we think this could be IT. He could be The One. I could be His One. I can't begin to explain just how nice that is...

The Farewell of Past
Coupled with this wonderful news and the perspective of last year's grim death toll, comes a wonderful sense of calm and perspective. All past is past now. There are people gone who I couldn't care if I could see them again or not. That's a breath of fresh air.

Life's all fine and dandy now really. If only I could get off my arse and do some work... But I'm sure you'd much prefer I blog gossip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home