http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Koti, Sweet Koti

Friday, February 17, 2006

Koti, Sweet Koti

I love being home.

I love having a home.

I don't want to go out because I love basking in my own posessions, which is good really because I don't have the money to go out in Helsinki!

I might have to rename my blog "at home being boring" because I really have no desire to get back on a plane. I put my Samsonite in the basement. I am tempted to put my backpack there. I have lent out my day pack. This is really akin to hanging up one's boots.

I've started stockpiling Ikea catalogues, circling items I like. Most of them are non-essential. I've planned rearranging the furniture. I have reorganised "the office". It's worth pointing out that I have something like 17.5 square metres of studio to organise in the first place.

I crave plants, and candles and other homely objects. I keep smiling at the walls. I haven't found this much bliss in a building for years. What am I saying? I don't think I have ever found bliss in a dwelling full stop, except for the Sheraton Hotel, Perth.

I visited a friend tonight who has bought her first home. It's so stylish and homely that I wanted to roll around in a happy-cat like state and purr. Only it's a Finnish home so there's no carpet, and rolling on wood floors is not very comfortable. Normally, I only ever get this way about a decent hotel.

I really think I could get used to this non-travelling lifestyle. But that would mean I had no need for a blog. Unless I told you about the drunken winter antics of the night bus... which would be a blog in itself. Coming up: massage on the 67, swearing Finns on the 63 and the best way to avoid urine on the 66... No wonder I want to stay at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger venitha said...

There really is no place like home!

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home