http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Words from Nagasaki

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Words from Nagasaki

“None of my friends know that so many children were cremated here.. I squat down on the spot where my mother was cremated and touch the ground… I can see my mother’s face floating from the soil.”
Fujio Sujimoto (Aged five at the time of Nagsaski bombing)

“Every day until the first anniversary of the bombing, I sat on in front of the pot containing the ashes of my eldest daughter, grieving that I had survived.”
Nagasaki survivor (Aged 39. Written in 1985)

“I fought with myself for thirty minutes before I could take the first picture. After taking the first, I grew strangely calm and wanted to get closer. I took about ten steps forward and tried to snap another but the scenes I saw were so gruesome, my viewfinder clouded with tears.”
Yoshito Matsushige, Photographer,
Hiroshima.

“We have to use it in order to shorten the agony of war in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Americans.”
US President Truman.
7 August 1985.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home