http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Men and Women: Friends and Lovers

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Men and Women: Friends and Lovers

As if to prove Nina's point that investing in friendships is so much more rewarding that investing in relationships, lately many of the women I know have been under a little pressure. And we've gone from spending no time with women, to loads of time with each other, to trying to slot into each other's busy lives. There has of course, come a time, when we've got something wrong, and trod on each other's toes.

But I do love how, when we do this, we've been able to say "why did you do that" or "I felt dumb when you did that" and we've talked, apologised, laughed about it. And it's over. Why don't we do that with men? Firstly because if we say that to a man he denies it, says we're getting upset over nothing, and then asks if it's that time of the month. Okay seriously, the difference being, a woman simply accepts how you feel, whereas the man has to question your right to feel that way before a resolution might be forthcoming.

Also in my twilight zone of men... the Irishman was texting all last night. He had twinges of regret. Again. Thankfully I am well over that because it would have been very confusing. He actually said he never wanted to be rid of me, whatever that means. Maybe I am taking being dumped the completely wrong way...?! I haven't seen him since the day David died - an appreciated gesture of comfort - and I leave in a matter of days so he's going to be very rid of me soon. I have to admit that hearing the line "I can't get you out of my head" made me a smile a little; it's nice to know I made some sort of impact...

Also, my hearts in the margins, of course over several beers, proclaimed affection again. This time, I smelt the beer, not the roses and my heart stood still rather than danced. I might be Smurfette, but I'm not a fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home