http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Hilarious

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hilarious

The Irishman has always been a quiet feature on this blog, mostly because he used to read it. I'm not sure if he does any more and "frankly my dear"... so here comes the venting.

Anyone knowing me in real life Helsinki time knew what it was like for me with the come here / go away attitude; the distinct reluctance to talk or confront issues and of course the lack of any shared responsibility for even something as small as getting off the train at the right train station!

So it would come as no surprise that it has been difficult to get him to talk about money owed either on messenger, email, in person or on the phone. Death made me change my attitude about the money until I looked at my bank account today.

Apparently I am "demanding because I am unwilling to meet him unless it's convenient to me". This made me laugh so much I nearly choked on my kebab. Countless times I have emailed and messaged my "schedule" which is naturally busy for anyone about to leave the country. I was also planning a dinner at the Yacht club in Espoo and a night on the town as a good spirited farewell until I got pushed back for a soccer game!

I am also apparently taking the moral high ground. Er yes, because I've been dumped and he owes me money. High ground is where I belong.

Additionally I have been bitchy. I called him immature. Bitchiness to me is when you won't say something to someone's face, but say it to everyone else. So I told him that I wasn't being bitchy; it's the truth - he's immature.

If I wasn't broke, I wouldn't care about the money, but I hope I've annoyed him enough to realise that one day, everyone has to grow up and face up to responsibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home