http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Diary-like ramblings

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Diary-like ramblings

Lyla and I are recovering from the worst hangover I have had for many many years. There are empty bottles of gin and champagne under the sink. Thankfully the furniture is back where it should be... don't ask. We tried to watch Piglet's Big Movie but found that it was slowly sucking the soul out of us with song. There should be warnings for that kind of thing.

Last night we had dinner at Lasipalatsi for typical Finnish food. One waiter was distinctly smiley but our waitress looked so miserable we felt bad for being there. Likewise at Zetor, our original dining venue, the waitress was so blunt that there was no enticement to wait for a free table. Finns have got a lot to learn about the subtleties of customer service.

Yesterday we pottered around the little shops of Porvoo and came back with a lot of chocolate and cake. There will be photos once my dexterity comes back.

Tomorrow Lyla and I are heading to Tallinn, for a day of sightseeing. The next morning, I fly into London for David's funeral.

Japan have finally organised some flights. It was a real mess and misunderstanding that has made me feel extremely undervalued at their event. Will be carefully considering before negotiations next year.

I've been partying like crazy in my last few days here. It's been fun, though the bank account is starting to dwindle. I really must put more effort into my business. Next year... Of course the budgetting around the Irishman doesn't help, but of course, his finances are more important than mine so I shall go without (oh yeah if you sense a bitter post on this to come, you're right!)

Now, it's more cups of tea and panadol to clear this head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home