http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: I've got a visitor

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've got a visitor

There's nothing like having a friend from overseas come to visit to remind you that your home is a "foreign land".

Lyla arrived on Friday and since then I have been steering her through Helsinki, including the eastern reaches of Vuosaari, helping her buy bus tickets and pronounce the letter o when it has an umlaut.

It's kind of cool to realise you know a little about a place, I find a wee bit of Finland smugness on the horizon. I get the biggest kick by leaving my belongings unattended in cafes and reassuring her it's not London.

Rowena and Lyla check out Kaunisaari: the beautiful island for beautiful people, dontcha know?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home