http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Stop go stop stop go STOP

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Stop go stop stop go STOP

It really was one of those days.

I arrived at the airport to find the JAL counter desserted. Apparently my flight didn't leave for another 9 hours. Could I really be that stupid? Well yes and no. The travel agent had emailed me the itinerary, I copied and pasted it into my organiser, spent the rest of the time correcting my name and turned up for the flight. A PDF itinerary was also attached but I was spending so much focussing on being the HMS Rowena, that I didn't notice that the flight times were different.

An online itinerary was sent but neither the two codes I was supplied to access this itinerary worked. So I trusted the email version and found myself with a lot of time to kill.

All well and good, I discovered how much fun it is to shop for friends. Expect care packages. See happy snaps.

Then I sat down in the world's most annoyingly loud and Starbucky Starbucks to find my computer no longer works. Several tense phone calls to local IT support, several long and patient calls from Finland and a dodgy roadside IT support desk by an Indian accounting student did nothing to revive her. First panic, I can't email Finland, I can't blog. Secondly, I can't store photos. Then more seriously, I won't be able to use it for the press conferences in Japan. I won't be able to finish CSCI's work on Monday. I will lose Photoshop, Quark and Distiller and I don't want to know how much that will cost. Needless to say, I hate Microsoft.

On the way to the airport, I took the direct route to avoid the overheating tube and got drenched in a thunderstorm. Go figure. This torrential downpour also meant that the plane could not take off for more than two hours. We had to sit in it for all this time.

Sometimes, I feel like the Gods are against me. That everytime I get a "go" and equally big "stop" comes along, like a game of snakes and ladders. One step forward, how many back. At times, I think "if this is fate's way of telling me not to do things anymore then fine, just make it clear what those things are so I can stop doing them because sometimes I really don't need the hassle..."

I'm going to bed now. Going, going to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home