A little browner and greasier
If I could have rolled myself in olive oil today and then baked myself to a golden bronze then I would have.
I came fairly close - Over lunch I managed to pour olive oil over my bread, hands, table cloth, table, bread basket, napkin (you get the picture) so that the proprietor came out, made a lot of tutting noises and presented me with a plate (which I think should have been standard anyway... )
I also copped a bit of sun tan by wrapping myself in my cheap and easy pink sun dress, which managed to fall open whenever I sat down to gelati, aperol, campari and particularly came undone when I leapt out of the taxi in front of the Junior World Rally Champion...
Summary of the day's observations:
- Kinder Surprise makes a fabulous gelati flavour
- My boss is terrified of lizards and bats so I make a good body guard, because our hotel is populated by both.
- Intimissi, home of fabulous low cut underwear, has a store in Olbia
- Poppy seeds make a great addition to ricotta ravioli, even if you do spend the rest of the day picking them out of your teeth...
- I'm pretty lousy wielding an olive oil bottle but my boss makes more of a mess with Malaga and chocolate flavoured gelati
- Four star hotels aren't always functional and don't always care about it
- Olbian taxi drivers make a small fortune - they charge 20+ euro to take you five kms. But if you order a cab and do a runner on them with another before waiting for your booked cab to arrive, then they'll call your mobile incessantly to abuse you.
- Our hotel door doesn't close so we'll probably be mauled in the night as our villa is lonely-perched atop a hill and no one will hear us scream
- You should never eat a McD's sausage and egg McMuffin before a flight no matter how hungry you are...