http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Rites of passage revisited

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Rites of passage revisited

There are a few things about being back in the working "western" world that are good to re-discover.

The pay cheque: The other day I got a pay cheque. Granted it was only for a week's pay but it felt good to have a BACS receipt in my hand. I felt proud, accomplished and hungry. I celebrated by purchasing cleaning detergents and a four pack of 44p creme caramel. I know how to live...

The chat up: On the train back from the airport, a guy chatted me up. At least I think he did. Remember, I have been in Finland for a year... A man just looking at me is chatting me up. A man who talks me to for forty five minutes on a train at midnight is clearly gagging for it!!! (I am kidding, in case said strange man ever stumbles across this page) It was really nice to a) have conversation with a native English speaker b) share a few mutual eye winking moments c) realise I might be tolerable to the opposite sex...

I guess now I just have to look forward to my first shave, my first suit, and losing my virginity...

1 Comments:

Blogger venitha said...

LOL! It is amazing how much a conversation with a native English speaker with no accent that I have to listen HARD to lifts my spirits.

5:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home