http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Mutterings from the wall

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mutterings from the wall

Beautiful people...
Berliners are beautiful. They eat breakfast as a brunch that lasts from 5am to 5pm, they have delicious ice cream and an abundance of places to slurp beer and cocktails. But they are thin and slim, trim and taught. Perhaps it's the high number of beach volleyball pits plotted around the city. They have great teeth, clear skin, good hair and I never saw a spot on one of them. They wore great clothes and look fantastic in the simplest of outfits. Of course, I fit right in with my spots and limited clothing supply!

It could just be the crowd I was hanging out with but they were all upwardly mobile young achievers who had studied in locations as diverse as China, Korea, Australia, New York. They lived in funky high-ceiling appartments with furniture that wasn't from Ikea. They had healthy plants bigger than me. They didn't remember Belinda Carlisle. Sigh..
.


Little Turkey
I spent a bit of time in Little Turkey or Eastern Kreuzeberg because I am a sentimental sap. I scoffed gozleme and tripe soup and spoke Turkish far better than German. Everyone spoke back to me in German though, so we didn't get very far communicating.

All the photos are now online...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home