http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Lost, possibly not in translation

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lost, possibly not in translation

If I don't get access stickers for media cars by six pm this evening, there will be hell breaking loose. It's always nice to fall asleep and wake up with those thoughts. That's event work for you.

But I didn't. Actually I went to sleep lying back and thinking of Fireland (no it's not a typo!). I had spent an hour last night talking to the Irishman (yes it was that long). I say a lot of stuff I needed to say; crap about jealousy and things that happened. (Yeah I know, like anyone wants to hear their ex ramble but he puts up with it!) It's good for me because I get my head round it. It's good for him because he learns how to have a D and M without saying "I have to go now"! He invited me to join them travelling. Aside from the fact that I would murder his travelling companion on sight, this is an interesting offer. Interesting because initially I wanted to at least meet them on some of the journey. Interesting because with their new itinerary, I can't. But it almost sounded like he meant it. Wow. My company. His other travelling companion must really suck!

The other day there was a party in my house in Finland. It was weird looking at the photos and some of the people, not knowing them, but knowing others. This doesn't mean you always recognise them. It was weird because I felt that it wasn't my home and also that I couldn't relate to what's inside it.

It's a surprising observation I made that the two people closest to me right now are not the people I thought they would be. For starters they are both men! Friendship just happens I guess; you can't say who is going to be close to you when you're away.

Work is fine. About three days behind in some areas and already one volunteer in tears but it wasn't my doing (not this time, maybe the next). One happy German tv crew, one annoyed English tv crew. Seeing 15 year olds change into their loin cloths is just another day in the office. Some beautiful emails of support have arrived. And France TV will also soon arrive, the two are enough to bring joy to the heart of any accreditation officer!

I must go as I am running late. In the quiet of the Obihiro streets I can hear the piped music and street announcments beckon. "Ohio gozimasssssss".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home