http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: I'd like to be, under the sea...

Friday, September 23, 2005

I'd like to be, under the sea...

Well at least for a couple of hours I wanted to be, so yesterday, after a very long conversation with some people from Japan Rail, I got me a ticket that stops at the undersea station of Yoshioka Kaitei and went for a bit of an explore.

We were about 145 m below on average, in a 53 km tunnel that links Honshu and Hokkaido islands. It's the longest in the world. Christian, you would have loved it.

It wasn't the most photogenic thing in the world (hey it's dark and it's concrete) but I made up for it with photos of the stupid cartoon character installed at the end to brighten everyone up.

See me under the sea...

I'll put more technical details up when I have unpacked the leaflet they gave me, for all those fellow engineering nerds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home