http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Back to the office

Friday, September 23, 2005

Back to the office

So here I am back in the office and while people find things for me to do or more to the point, time to tell me what's going on, here's an insight into the working transitition. I arrive, have 10 minutes to shower, pack the following Media Survival Kit, beg favours from my Italian colleague to go buy me some toiletries, get driven to the office, put on funky slippers to pad around the office in, get given scary strong coffee, find somewhere to plug in and out (it's like technical Twister) and off I go.

Here's the media survival kit: things I can't live without any day for the next ten days:
  • English, European and other power adaptors - because no one else will remember theirs
  • Laptop with connections - my bible of information is on here.
  • LAN / Cat 5 Cables and phone cables
  • CD’s - blank and music for sanity.
  • Headphones and mike set
  • Passport
  • Dictaphone, tapes and batteries.
  • Postcards and anything needing posting,
  • Phrase book and guide book
  • Electricity tape - for holding anything together.
  • Laptop lock
  • Australian souvenirs - for nice Japanese official
  • Memory cards, film - to lend out and use
  • Memory sticks - as above
  • Mobile phones and chargers - for my data and for lending.
  • Camera battery charger - to lend out and use
  • Dongle - as above
  • Travel wipes - for spilt bento box contents
  • Deoderant and perfume - they’re long working days
  • Make up - someone will inevitable invite you out at he end of the day when you look like crap.
  • Lipbalm and moisturiser - you will always be in airconditioning
  • Face wash or body wash. Some days are so long you need that mid day freshen up.
  • Business cards - it’s the Japanese way!
  • Hairties - I’ll go to work every morning with wet unbrushed hair. Anyone needing me before 5am deserves little grooming.
  • Swiss army knife - to deal with troublesome Belgian press
  • Cable ties - for holding the press centre together
  • Handbag - sometimes I don’t want to carry it all!
  • Herbal tea - stolen from a hotel with western facilities. Essential for calming nerves. My bloody coloured tea bags will be found at the back of the press centre for days to come. I will also find unused tea bags in the pockets of all my clothing and bags.
  • Pens - many, for they will all go walkabout. Notebooks. Small, hardy and can fit in your pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home