http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Just stuff

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just stuff

It's my last day of freedom, the word freedom used lightly because I specifically checked into this hotel in Hakodate to have LAN access and work... but anyway, tomorrow I arrive in Obihiro and try to become mildly professional.

So far I have been dealing with queries by email.. can I pick up accreditation early (yes), is there a welcome party (it's on the website), will my mobile phone work (I want to say 'ask your provider'), what is the weather like (use a website) etc etc but you know the media don't think for themselves too often so that's what I am here for.

Anyway some rambles...


EXPEL THEM ALL
Everyone has something that gets on their nerves about a place. For me it's Japanese school girls. If the sailor outfit isn't bad enough (really guys it's not sexy in any way; have you seen a girl in long white sports socks and black deck shoes walk pigeon toed!?) then the identical bad hair cuts and constantly giggling really gets to me. Rant over.


PERSONAL RUBBISH

I think I have lost weight! Yay this will make it easier to hit the gym so I can still fit into that bridesmaid's dress. God bless rice diets and budgets.

I miss Uma. I miss just talking of nothing and getting nothing particular back. Soon there will be so many men around me I will have a layer of testosterone over me by proxy.

I have been having many pleasant conversations with the Irishman. It's like the friendship we never had. We have been covering some old ground, which is better when you have nothing to lose, and laughing our way through some new stuff. It's good for now. I'm being careful.

I must miss Finland. I saw something like Meikanmaki on a map and figured I was looking for a hill. Ahhh.

I'm thinking of coming home as early as November 30th. Good, bad, who cares other than Nina living in my house?!

I was going to start a heading on silly stuff that just happens but realised there is too much so I will save it for a new post over the next few days...

Sayonara.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even when pigeon-toed, school-age young people in Japan have courtesy and have patience. I do not look to cuteness as a measure of their worth.

3:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home