http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Odd folk

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Odd folk

Whilst in Riga I met another Aussie. We were both travelling alone and were grateful for some company, so went out one afternoon for a beer. All completely above board and innocent. The next day we went on a boat trip together, more beer and lunch. We swapped email addresses as you do and dropped a couple of lines as he was heading towards the Nordic region.

Then I get an email telling me to F off, and that he "knew what I did". A little strange and actually quite shocking. I don't like being spoken to like this by someone I don't know, and have had little interaction with.

I wrote back that I would like to know why he had said that and hoped he was okay, for example had not been robbed and had thought I was part of it. He apologised and said that obviously I was not "one of those people".

No I am not one of those people, as in I am not one of those people who has any idea why you would tell someone to F off and not justify it even if it was a case of mis-attribution. He's now gone back to emailing me normally as if nothing has happned. I've gone and blocked his email.

There's too many nice people in the world without worrying about a few odd folk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he did it out of anger? Perhaps you should just forgive him :) always better to have more friends, less enemies. I've too much enemies too little friends. :S

4:18 pm  
Blogger Rowena said...

Well I wouldn't class him as a friend and you have to work at friendship which at least means the ocassional justification of behaviour as opposed to "how's the weather - Foff - how's the weather" ! I also think it's quality rather than quantity when it comes to friends.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home