http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Suomelinna

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Suomelinna

I feel compelled to put my shiny happy Suomelinna pics up now to make up for the madness.

A really lovely day that started with mansikkaleivos and ended with sunflowers.

Sami showed me the bits of the islands tourists don't get to see, and because of the wind, we two happy snappers were caught up in the excitement of waves in Helsinki waters that we didn't notice the big spray of salty water that smacked us in the faces and cameras.

I had always felt that I had to be kind of reserved around Finnish people and not let them know, well about me. But I guess because Sami reads my blog (yes this one, I don't have a more interesting version, unbeliebable to think really!) there's no hiding that I am frequently a woman possessed. So it was quite nice that he actually spent the day with me and didn't once try to get me certified, in fact even listened to me moan a little.

So I am grateful for the island tour, but even more grateful for the friendship.

Photos of Suomelinna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home