http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: One more sleep

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

One more sleep

Remember when you were a kid and used to count the number of sleeps till something exciting happens. Well, one more sleep before I start moving again.

I haven't had a lot of time to be too excited because I have been ultra busy trying to finish off work and make all those life arrangements that you have to do when going away for four weeks.
Of course, leaving always means goodbye and last night, fuelled by some White Russians (cocktails as opposed to folks across the border) I said my first goodbye. AussieGirl, as I'll call her, or AG for short only came into my life a few weeks ago. But as loud Aussie girls (generic rather than specific) are known to do, we shared life stories in a few coffees, a pack of Marlboro and twenty minutes that turned into a day.

AG and I were philosophical about parting. She had her mantra that people came into your life for a "reason, a season or a lifetime". I felt that the movie Lost in Translation perfectly summed up the transient nature of so many of my friendships.

In a blur of drunken haze, camera flash light, and biting wit, we said our goodbyes.

This morning, I also said goodbye to The Finn. Not a "goodbye, I never want to see you again" but a "goodbye, you're not deep in my heart anymore". It was cathartic to say it. It's true that I miss what I thought I had, and there's a big sadness that goes with that. But there is little in the current persona of The Finn that makes me weep anymore. Last year, this year, two different people. Like my transient friends, there are also transient lovers, who exist only in a specific time and place and don't or can't transcend any changes.

Philosophical for 9am I know. So know I'm going to my tea before it gets cold. And there's a lot to do before I get to that one last sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home