http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Noises

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Noises

There is an invisible donkey. I can hear its asthmatic bray frequently. But it's absence, rather than it's presence is annoying. I can't see it from my window. But it sounds like it's just outside my room. I can see into the courtyard next door, where you would imagine people would have cars, or plants, but here usually have chickens and horses. But there is no donkey.

The dog, who I call crazy dog, moans from his cave palace every time prayer is called. Not just the nearest mosque but any in the area. He howls in harmony, song like, not barking. I think he feels it is the call to supper. Sometimes he makes crazy Cujo noises from behind the door but I know he can only dribble and sit on my foot in stupidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home