http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: On leaving Uçhisar

Thursday, May 19, 2005

On leaving Uçhisar

Tonight should be my last nıght ın Uchısar. I love ıt here and am easıly seduced by the dusty streets clıngıng to the mountaınsıde, the old woman squatting in the doorways peeling potatoes, the children playing in the dirt, the spectacular view and of course my new friends. I feel adopted by my hotelliers at 1001 Nights; I have a big brother and many little ones not to mention a German mum and Turkish dad. And I have made a friendship that challenges me on every level, that demands I face up to my demons and fears and has asked me to stay on at Uchisar.

But will I?

I have dreamed for at least two weeks of my restored Greek monastery at Guzelyurt, and the open road beckons. But perhaps a challenging friendship is the best kind of free therapy and I should take it when I get the chance... if I can handle it...

On a lighter and less intriguing note, I have walked a valley, watched the most amazing sunsets and experienced the most exhilerating birthday including the amazing balloon ride.

More to follow, I promise, but from which town...?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now, don't keep us waiting for the answer to that last question for too long :)

So far the trip sounds like an adventure alright. Hope it continues as an interesting journey even if you don't physically go anywhere!

10:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday from the Netherlands, have fun! But really do we need to tell you that??

2:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home