http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: So where am I really today?!

Saturday, May 21, 2005

So where am I really today?!

"Here I am" Sertab Erener, one of my fave Turkish starlets sings... and so here I am in ... Avanos, albeit quarter past midnight so technically I didn't make it here until tomorrow.
If that makes any sense, you're doing better than me.

With heavy heart for Uchisar and increasing intolerance for the challenge of newfound relationships (post on this to come) I left with my dearest older brother, a huge hug from my Uchisar mum, words which almost brought me to tears and a stoic farewell from the rest of the family.

Inshallah - god be willing - is comonly uttered here and indeed he works in mysterious ways. Seduced by the lifestyle of Uchisar, the thought of friendly romance in the town seemed somewhat inviting. But it served to show me that what I was looking for was directly in front of me, and what will become true friends for life are those at "Bin Bir Gece".

The Manageress, Heinke, first came to 1001 Nights as a tourist staying three days. She fell in love with the place and kept returning. She now lives and breathes the place, the staff are like children, and the dog is well, a dog who loves anyone! So who has bets on me vying for her place when I am also at retirement age?!

All my postings are scribbled in my notebook which I shall being typing up now that I am away from the kindness of strangers and under strict instructions from big brother not to walk on my own in the hours of darkness.

Already I can tell that Avanos is not as charming as Uchisar. For starters it has a bus station and I have already seen tourists. So I will definitely be checking through my photos of houses for rent in Uchisar and planning that dream lifestyle of chickens on the doorstep and children playing in the dust and the call to prayer echoing off the rocks... Who can't but love a town whose police station is a cave in a cone shaped rock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home