http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Silly things I have done in Finland

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Silly things I have done in Finland

JUST some that come to mind...

1. Waited for a tram to pass because I wasn’t sure if they stopped at traffic lights.

2. Put my milk cartons in the paper recycling bin and not the cardboard recycling bin which apparently is divided as such: “The first is for newspaper and egg cartons, junk mail and empty bags of flour/sugar. The middle one is for milk and juice cartons and boxes. The end one is for corrugated cardboard and washing powder boxes.”

3. Spoken to cats in Finnish hoping they would understand.

4. Looked the wrong way when crossing the road. A lot.

5. Walked into closed exit doors to shopping centres. A lot.

6. Talked to my plants. A real lot. Laughed at my plants. A bit scary that one.

7. Said “sorry I don’t speak English.”

8. Tried to drag doors between train compartments sideways because the word for pull in Swedish is ‘drag’.

9. Referred to my local shops as ‘downtown’ in an attempt to convey directions to confused locals.

10. Tried to pay bills into my own bank account rather than someone elses.

And just wait until I start to get on my new bike..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home