http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: Words

Friday, March 25, 2005

Words

I lose myself in books.

Their words take me to other lands where pain doesn't exist.

I read them too fast,no-thoughts-can-interrupt-the-words,no-spaces-in-between.I am breathless.

Then
I read again,
slower,
deeper,
going fully into each word,
then each sentence
so I am wherever my characters are,
wherever the words are set.

But, the book finished, the reading stopped.

I looked for words and found none.

I get down from the bed and the movement,
without words to guide me,
sent tears
unexpected
uncontrollable
wailing, at the walls in the carpet
no sound could muffle
no tissues to stop the salt running into my mouth,
nothing to stop the aching solitude,
the pain of lessons learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home