http://beta.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=12064789&saved=true To Hel and Back :: Edit your Template To Hel and Back: The Real Spring

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Real Spring

In the days before blog, an email home:

FINLAND gets four seasons. Spring started with a burst of sun, a crack of ice, and the next thing I knew, there were torrents of water in the streets, and the snow was disappearing fast, leaving tiny fossilised dog poos preserved from the Autumn.

I have started to find my feet a little, despite the photo opposite. Yesterday I learned that Solo machine meant internet banking and I no longer have to pay 6 euro each time I want to pay a bill. (If you think Barclays is bad, Finnish banking is expensive, though they don’t have security, you sit at a lounge with a table full of cash in front of you, and there’s no pushing things through plastic screens).

I went local for Easter, watched the huge bonfires at Seurasaari island, accompanied by small children dressed as witches.

Of course I still do a lof of silly stuff, as listed elsewhere. I’m just taking silly to a new level now.

I’ve found baked beans, which makes weekends more enjoyable and I now own a hoover called Max, which solves some of my companionship issues.

Other than that, I’m perfectly sane...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home